Jumat, 22 Juni 2012

Thank you AAPG


Hai Guys, here I want to share about my organization experience.
As a geological engineering student I also join in student chapter, I join in AAPG UGM SC. 

AAPG UGM SC (American Association of Petroleum Geologists - Universitas Gadjah Mada - Student Chapter) is part of international organization called AAPG ( American Association of Petroleum Geologists). This student chapter was formed in 2000, in AAPG international conference, Bali. AAPG UGM SC was one former of AAPG student chapter in Indonesia. 

Well, Since January, 2011, I've been the member of AAPG UGM SC. To be the member of AAPG SC UGM is not easy guys, I have to follow some recruitment procedures with strict competition. Firstly I had to submit a paper to AAPG UGM SC comitee. The paper would be selected, and in this stage of selection, I succed get into the next stage, it was interview test. In interview test, the procedure was participants entered into an interview room, there were five interview desks, and the participants had to move from one desk to another desk within a certain time interval. In each of desk there were some questions, and for all interview test we should always speak english. The interview test was going well, and once more I also succed pass the stage. But the stage was not over here yet, there were two more stages, presentation and organizing course. In presentation stage, participants were divided into some groups or teams. Each of group had a topic that must be presented. This stage was for simple team work test. At that time my team got the topic about petroleum industry prospect. During the presentation test the participants should be active for asking and answering questions. Beside team work, the activeness, courage, and ability to speak in publik were assessed too. Then guys I also could pass this stage, so there was one last stage that I have to pass. And the last stage was organizing course. Here the participants just divided into two groups, each of group or team had to organize a course with the topic anything about petroleum.This last stage was the most difficult stage because organizing a course was complicated, we should prepare a lot of things, proposal, speaker, license for covention hall, tools etc. But guys if we did all this heavy work in team, and in good management, it would be felt easy. Therefore this stage really test the team work, and the ability in even organizing. I still remember, at that time my team organize a course with the topic about "Well Log Interpretation", and the speaker was Mr. Sudarmono from Subsurface Departement PHE ONWJ. It was my first experience in course organizing, and it was so precious for me, because this experience taught me about good team work, good time management, work management, licensing, how to get course speaker, and absolutely knowledges.  And finally guys after I followed all the recruitmen procedures, Wow the result was I Passed. yap I was accepted to be the member of AAPG UGM SC, and I was so glad for the result. In AAPG UGM SC, I was the member of Course and Workshop Division. 

To be the member of AAPG UGM SC gain so many advantages ->> AAPG UGM SC develop my soft skills and give me a lot of knowledges about geology and petroleum. Moreover I also get the AAPG bulettin every month from AAPG center (Tulsa, US) and free access to browsing or downloading online journal or bulettin from AAPG website. I have awesome team, good friends and best lecturers only in AAPG UGM SC. I'm so proud to be part of AAPG UGM SC

So guys, if you wanna concern in petroleum geology, I suggest you should join in AAPG student chapter, it's your first step to your career, AAPG student chapter really give you positive things, and many advantages like I said. By joining AAPG student chapter you are several steps ahead.  

Well guys, more a year I'm to be member of AAPG UGM SC, during 2011 - 2012. In 2011 period, the president is Didit Putra Kusuma and in 2012  the president is Kinanti Hapsari. But guys you know something happened to me. In 2012 I lost my spirit and motivation in AAPG UGM SC. This is so bad, I should not like this. The problem is inside my self, not because of intern problem of AAPG UGM SC. The cause is I'm more interested in economic geology or mineral resources, and I'm not interested at all with petroleum geology. This problem really effect to my work. My performance dropped. And I realize that it was so worse. I initially confused, I should stand to joining AAPG UGM SC or I should resign of this student chapter. If I stand, but I'm not interested at all with petroleum geology, I'm already in love with mineral resources, and in other hand AAPG UGM SC was concern to petroleum geology, so I think AAPG UGM SC is not support my interest again. Then if I resign, it sounds I'm not grateful to be member of AAPG UGM SC. This confusion is going about two months. I try to stand for two months, I try to repair my performance, but I think it's not change. I don't like to be irrensposible man, so finally I have to choose, stand or resign. Then after I thought for a long time, I decide to resign. After this decision, I talked to the president and vice president of AAPG UGM SC. I convey my intent to resign, with the reason I wanna commit to my interest, mineral resources. I also told about all my confusion recently, then after I told everything in my mind, the president and vice president can understand my problem, they gave me permission to be inactive member. I'm so glad to hear that. But at that time I still have 2 duties in AAPG UGM SC. And as a responsible man absolutely I finished the duties before to be inactive member.  

Guys, the lesson I got here is that sometimes we should choose some difficult decision, even it's so hard, but we must decide. And choose which you prefer, cause if you do what you love, you will do it with your best.  

AAPG UGM SC thank you so much for everything you given to me, I'm so glad to have become part of you . All the moments with you are the greatest experience I have. 

To know more about AAPG UGM SC and AAPG you can visit this link below:


0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More